Advanced Tanker Operations ( Oil and Chemical )- ATO
Scope and Objectives
The Scope and Objective of Advanced Tanker Operations ( Oil and Chemical) – ATO course is to provide training to candidates to be duly qualified, in accordance with Regulation V/1-1, paragraph 6, Section Á-V/1-1 paragraph 3 and table A-V/1-1-3 of the STCW Convention and Code as amended in 2010 and IMO model course 1.02 & 1.03. with specific duties for loading, unloading and care in transit of oil and chemical tanker cargoes.
This course is conducted for Junior officers and deck ratings, who are going to assist Management Level officers with immediate responsibility for loading, discharging and care of cargo on board oil and chemical tankers.
This Course is a Value Based Course and comprises of an advanced training programme appropriate to the duties, including Oil and Chemical tanker safety, Fire safety measures, Pollution prevention, Safe operational practices and obligations under applicable rules and regulations.
This course addresses:
- Advanced level of familiarization with the equipment, instrumentation and controls used for cargo handling on Oil and Chemical tanker.
- greater awareness of the need of proper planning, use of checklists for various cargo handling operations.
- enhanced awareness to apply safe procedures always when carrying out the various operations on board Oil and Chemical tanker.
- acquisition of experience in identifying operational problems and solving them.
- improvement in the ability to promote safety culture and protection of the marine environment and
- increased ability to assist and coordinate response measures during emergencies.
This Course is designed to upgrade those Operation and support level officers/ratings who are in-charge of independent cargo work in accordance with Oil major and CDI requirement.
Please bring following documents on the first day of the Course.
- Two Passport Size Photographs.
- Copies of Passport, CDC, (as applicable).
- Copy Of Basic Chemical Tanker Safety Course and Basic Fire Fighting Certificate
Advanced Tanker Operations ( Oil and Chemical)- ATO
**Course fees include hand-outs, lunch, tea/coffee only
**Accommodation, Visa, Travel Ticket, Airport Pick up etc can be arranged on additional cost basis.
For details on various other OSHA & Industrial training conducted by BIMSAR, please click here
For details on various other Ports, CFS, Terminals & Corporate training conducted by BIMSAR, please click here
For details on various other Maritime training conducted by BIMSAR, please click here
For jobs in Marine/Offshore industry , please click here