RSOC (Rig Safety Officer Course)
Scope and Objective
The Scope and Objectives of RSC (Rig Safety Officer Course) are to provide comprehensive understanding & knowledge of following job functions of Rig Safety Officer.
A Rig safety officer is often a mechanical or a petroleum engineer with extensive drilling experience and a variety of safety certifications. He understands the problems inherent in drilling operations and how these issues become dangers on the rig floor.
A Rig safety Officer is the facility manager’s representative in all safety matters on an offshore drilling rig. He provides safety training based on national safety regulations and requirements — OSHA in the U.S., and the Health and Safety Executive in the UK. He also ensures that all contractors who come aboard the rig meet the drilling company’s safety standards and provides continuing safety education to rig personnel as required by drilling company policy. He documents the training and briefing of new employees, as well as contractors.
He ensures that drilling company workers comply with all company-established safety standards and procedures. He conducts safety inspections on board the rig on an ongoing basis, including inspections of the drilling operation. He attempts to foster a culture of safety awareness among rig personnel. As the rig’s sanitarian, he conducts sanitation inspections of the living spaces and galley, to ensure the cleanliness of the rig’s berthing spaces and to ensure that galley personnel follow proper food preparation techniques.
At the end of the RSC ( Rig Safety Officer Course) , the participants will be able to
- demonstrate HSE management system and its Practical applications at oil & gas drilling and work over rigs.
- Take the lead in achieving and maintaining a safe working environment and share knowledge across your organization.
- Ensure your organization’s health and safety operations are robust and legally compliant.
- Become competent in identifying workplace hazards, carrying out risk assessments and investigating accidents.
- Deliver effective health and safety policies and ensure contractors are compliant.
- Become an expert adviser on all legal requirement.
- Build employee and stakeholder confidence in health and safety practices that are nationally recognized.
The target group for RSC (Rig Safety Officer Course ) are safety officers who are already employed in various industries on land and intending to work in the offshore Rig industry engaged in production, drilling or support services.
Please bring following documents on the first day of the Course.
- Two Passport Size Photographs
- Copies of Passport, CDC, Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Driving License ( as available)
- Copy of Previous Safety Course Certificate
RSC (Rig Safety Officer Course)
Safety Officers who would like to upgrade and work in Rigs
**Course fees include hand-outs, lunch, tea/coffee only
**Accommodation, Visa, Travel Ticket, Airport Pick up etc can be arranged on additional cost basis.