OERTM (Offshore Emergency Response Team Member) / OERTL (Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader)
Scope and Objective
The Scope of the OERTM (Offshore Emergency Response Team Member) / OERTL (Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader) are to equip the delegate with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to perform the role of Offshore Emergency Response Team Member / Leader effectively.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Define the role of the emergency response team member / Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader and understand the key responsibilities
- Understand the importance of having Offshore Emergency Response (OER) arrangements and procedures in place
- Understand why it’s necessary to have offshore emergency response procedures
- Identify hazards and risk mitigation associated with typical offshore fire and non-fire incidents
- Understand the purpose of fixed fire systems offshore including its performance capability and limitations
- Identify the emergency response Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for the Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM)
- Demonstrate the ability to approach an incident area in a controlled manner under the instruction of the Offshore Emergency Response Team leader (OERTL) while continually assessing how the changes in the emergency could impact on the safety of other OER team members
- Respond appropriately to OERTL instructions in the event of an emergency
- Use safe working practices and follow site-specific procedures
- Demonstrate the ability to select and use portable firefighting equipment
- Demonstrate the ability to select, operate and flush foam firefighting equipment
- Extinguish a fire and secure an area
- Conduct breathing apparatus operations in accordance with safe practices
- Conduct effective search and rescue operations during emergencies
- Demonstrate correct casualty handling and recovery techniques.
The target group for OERTM (Offshore Emergency Response Team Member) / OERTL (Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader) are personnel who are appointed to, or to be appointed to, the role of an Offshore Emergency Response Team Member / Leader in offshore oil and gas installations, engaged in production, drilling or support services.
Please bring following documents on the first day of the Course.
- Two Passport Size Photographs
- Copies of Passport, CDC, Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Driving License ( as available)
OERTM (Offshore Emergency Response Team Member) / OERTL (Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader) course
OERTM – 9000/-
OERTL – 12000/-
Refresher course -6000/-
OERTM -Duration : 3 Days |
OERTL -Duration : 4 Days
Refresher course -Duration : 2 Days
**Course fees include hand-outs, lunch, tea/coffee only
**Accommodation, Visa, Travel Ticket, Airport Pick up etc can be arranged on additional cost basis.
For details on various other Offshore training conducted by BIMSAR, please click here
For employment in Shipping and Offshore Industry , please click here