H2S (Hydrogen Sulphide Gas Safety)
Scope and Objective
The Scope and Objective of H2S (Hydrogen Sulphide Gas Safety) course is to ensure that the participant gains the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of H2S, and appropriate emergency response actions to take, should an H2S related incident arise.
The H2S (Hydrogen Sulphide Gas Safety) course is designed for personnel who are working in oil, gas, geothermal & petrochemical or other industries where poisonous H2S gases are handled/emitted. Such personnel have to be competent in emergency response practices necessary for them to stay and work in environment with potential exposure to H2S gas.
This training covers the characteristics of hydrogen sulphide gas and its potential physiological effects of exposure as well as the use of H2S detection equipment and emergency escape breathing apparatus. This course is designed in accordance with OSHA 29, CFR 1910 and 1926, ANSI Z390.1 and other international regulatory standards.
This course also addresses followings:
- Understanding the formation of H2S and how it originates
- Different names used to describe H2S
- Physical properties and characteristics of H2S
- Occupational/workplace exposure limits (OEL / WEL)
- Effects of exposure to H2S
- Use of onsite & personal detection equipment
- Types of respiratory equipment such as escape breathing apparatus (EBA) & self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Role of Emergency Response Team during an H2S related incident
This training programme has been designed for personnel that are or could be, working in an environment that could become contaminated by H2S gas.
Please bring following documents on the first day of the Course.
- Two Passport Size Photographs
- Copies of Passport, CDC, Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Driving License ( as available)
H2S (Hydrogen Sulphide Gas Safety) course
**Course fees include hand-outs, lunch, tea/coffee only
**Accommodation, Visa, Travel Ticket, Airport Pick up etc can be arranged on additional cost basis.