Control Of Work (Performing Authority) - OPITO Approved
Scope and Objective
The Scope and Objective of Control Of Work (Performing Authority) – OPITO Approved course is to equip the delegate with a minimum, generic, industry-wide understanding and basic skills required of the role of the Performing Authority.
The objectives of the Initial Training Course are to ensure that Performing Authorities and prospective Performing Authorities:
- Are aware of their legal responsibilities of being in charge of work parties at the worksite.
- Are able to recognise and assess worksite hazards and associated risks. And are able to control, reduce or eliminate the risks through formalised risk assessment systems and safe systems of work.
- Monitor and control the work effectively and respond appropriately to changes in work conditions or the work plan.
- Manage and control work safely through effective communication and handovers at various stages of the work.
Control Of Work (Performing Authority) – OPITO Approved course is crucial to safe operations and the people responsible for control of work are central to it. By implementing consistent training standards for key personnel responsible for control of work at oil and gas installations and sites, many incidents caused by inadequate control of work (or where inadequate control of work is a contributory factor) may be mitigated or prevented.
There are a number of responsible roles involved in the control of work, but one of the key roles is the person responsible for control of work at the worksite(s). The oil and gas industries’ Step Change in Safety Group requested OPITO to facilitate the development of a common initial training standard for personnel responsible for control of work at the worksite(s).
For the purpose of this Standard, the role of the person in control of work at the worksite will be called the Performing Authority . This standard defines the Initial and Refresher Training Programme for the Performing Authority; it specifies the generic skills, knowledge, understanding and behaviours required to carry out the role in a safe and effective manner.
The initial and refresher training specified in this Standard will need to be supplemented by company and installation/site-specific training. This supplementary training will provide the Performing Authority with an understanding of the specific company and installation/site systems and procedures required for control of work, and details of the hazards and emergency response requirements associated with the Installation/Site.
Please bring following documents on the first day of the Course.
- Two Passport Size Photographs
- Copies of Passport, CDC, Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Driving License ( as available)
Control Of Work (Performing Authority) – OPITO Approved course
Industrial workers whether working onshore or offshore
**Course fees include hand-outs, lunch, tea/coffee only
**Accommodation, Visa, Travel Ticket, Airport Pick up etc can be arranged on additional cost basis.