HUET (Helicopter Underwater Escape Training)
Scope and Objective
The Scope and Objective of the Helicopter Underwater Escape Training- HUET course is to prepare personnel that intend to travel to and from offshore oil and gas installations and vessels by helicopter by providing specific training in pre-flight and in-flight requirements.
This course also equips the personnel with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills required in the event of a helicopter emergency – with specific focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching.
On successful completion of the Helicopter Underwater Escape Training- HUET course, the participant will be able to demonstrate:
- Donning an aviation transit suit, aviation life jacket and emergency breathing system equipment (EBS) and conducting EBS integrity checks.
- Actions to take in preparation for a helicopter ditching and an emergency landing.
- Actions following a controlled emergency descent to a dry landing with evacuation via a nominated exit.
- Deployment, operation and breathing from EBS utilising personal air prior to HUET exercises.
- Actions following a controlled ditching on water (including deploying EBS and, on instruction from aircrew, operation of a push out window) and evacuate through a nominated exit to an aviation life raft.
- Assist others where possible in carrying out initial actions on boarding the aviation life raft, to include mooring lines, deploying the sea anchor, raising the canopy and raft maintenance.
- Escaping through a window opening which is underwater, from a partially submerged & capsized helicopter (without deploying EBS or operation of a push out window).
- Inflating an aviation life jacket and deploying a spray visor in water
- Boarding an aviation life raft from water.
This programme is designed to meet the offshore safety and emergency response training requirements for personnel working in the offshore oil and gas industry who will be supplied with a compressed air emergency breathing system (CA-EBS) during offshore helicopter travel.
Please bring following documents on the first day of the Course.
- Two Passport Size Photographs
- Copies of Passport, CDC, Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Driving License ( as available)
Helicopter Underwater Escape Training- HUET course
**Course fees include hand-outs, lunch, tea/coffee only
**Accommodation, Visa, Travel Ticket, Airport Pick up etc can be arranged on additional cost basis.